Street Lighting At SSTPL
Smart City Street Light Control Solution on LoRa
LoRa street light controller is a wireless connectivity system for a street light that does not require dimming capability. LoRa street light controller can be installed on an existing LED street light:
Advantages Of Using A LoRa Street Light Controller
1. Dimming control for street lamps based on ambient light availability with dim control on scale of 0 to 9.
2. Provides a unique identity to every light.
3. Provides wireless on/off to the light.
4. Detects and reports faults in street light instantly.
5. Allows independent control of street light on calendar and timer basis.
6. Detects grounding/earthing related faults in the street light
7. Detects and reports low luminance / output in light
8. Extends life of LED by detecting and reporting overheating of light unit
9. Allows instant manual control of lights from software control system.
LoRaWAN Street Light Controller with Dimmer
1. Moonlight based dim control for maximum energy savings.
2. Early morning/evening energy saving system
3. Extends life of LED and prevents over-heating by dynamically adjusting dim level.
4. Occupancy sensor extension allows lamps to be lit at low level until a pedestrian or vehicle is detected.
5. Mesh network over LoRa allows several lights neighboring lights to become bright as soon as a pedestrian or vehicle is detected.
6. 60-80% energy savings can be made in residential colonies street lights and low traffic streets.
Benefits to LoRaWAN Smart Light Solution
1. More Sustainable Cities and Cleaner Environments: By reducing the energy consumption and therefore the amount of released CO2, Smart Lighting reduces the city’s environmental impact and also helps meeting the increasingly demanding environmental norms. Furthermore, the light pollution affecting migrating birds and wildlife in general is significantly decreased.
2. Save Money for Your Community – Energy & Maintenance:
Smart Lighting can save money for your city. Energy costs are immediately reduced by up to 80% (with LED lamps) through intelligent ON/OFF switching, targeted progressive dimming and efficient energy management. Overall operational costs come down by up to 42% through detailed maintenance and preventive grid interventions based on system generated reports.
3. Increases Lighting Service Quality:
With the street lighting system up and running at any time, Smart Lighting helps to almost completely avoid the risk of accidents due to lighting system malfunction. Most of the lighting problems are detected and addressed before the citizens even get the chance to notice them.
4. Smart City Platform:
Due to the lamp-level control, the street light networks managed by Smart Lighting are continuously under power. Therefore, there is a large number of sensors and IoT devices that can be supplied from the street lighting grid, using any available communication and being coordinated through Smart Lighting Street Light Control or other dedicated application. Some of them will target to improve the citizens’ lives and help you maintain a safer city environment, like pollution sensors, noise detectors, traffic density sensors. Others will simply help you manage the street lighting efficiently – and light sensors, cabinet and pole door open sensors, pole impact sensors and cable cut detection are just a few examples. Furthermore, the system supports API connectivity with major city management applications, integrating synergistically with other city systems.