Smart Parking At SSTPL
Smart Parking on LoRaWAN
SSTPL’s LoRa Technology enables connectivity, real-time occupancy and activity monitoring, resource optimization, and integration with smart cities services.
1. Each parking space is equipped with a battery powered occupancy sensor that can detect the absence, arrival, presence, and departure of a vehicle. The sensors are self provisioning, with a unique MAC address assigned to each unit that is associated with its serial number. With low-power design, the units can run up to 5 years and require no external wiring to install.
2. When an occupancy sensor detects vehicle activity, its embedded LoRa transceiver sends a short message packet containing the change in status to any wireless Internet gateway within its range. The gateway can be part of a private LoRa network or a node in a public LoRaWAN service provider.
3. The gateway(s) forward the packets to PNI’s Parking Cloud Service application that can reside either on a Cloud-based or dedicated server. This turnkey parking management solution uses the sensors’ messages to keep track of open and occupied spaces. It can present parking events on a web interface, and provide parking data to third-party applications that generate billing information, and advertise available parking spaces to motorists via their smartphones or other wireless devices. It can also be customized to support a wider range of specialized services.
4. The LoRaWAN protocol support for two-way communication capabilities allows the parking manager to query the sensors.
Benefits of LoRaWAN Parking
1. Minimize driving time while looking for space
2. Improve parking experience/customer satisfaction.
3. Maximize usage rate of parking space/profitability.
4. Improve public image of parking facility.
5. No Need to depute large manpower.
6. Precise Parking Status with Combination of Magnetic & Optical Sensors.
7. No Cabling required, long age battery operated.
8. Can be integrated with Payment Gateway for cashless transactions
9. Reduce energy waste & toxic emission.
Features of Smart Parking
1. User-friendly graphical interface.
2. Real-time monitoring of parking space availability by facility, level, and single space.
3. Reporting and statistics.
4. Customer floor plan can be embedded in software.
5. Easy to setup and control street lights.
6. Status monitoring of geomagnetic sensors and electronic signs.
7. System alerts for exceeding parking duration, vehicles in transit and more.
8. Data sharing interface with city way finding systems.